- St Edmund's College is situated in beautiful parkland half way between London and Cambridge. It is close to London Stansted Airport and London Heathrow Airport. The College offers a perfect rural setting within easy reach of major cities and sight seeing
St Edmund's College is England's oldest Catholic school and has a fine reputation for welcoming and educating international students. The summer school is an integral part of the College and promotes high standards of personal achievement, conduct and community spirit.
The course is fully residential. All the accommodation is in twin study bedrooms where students share with another student of the same age but different nationality. Students are cared for and supervised by House Parents at a ratio of approximately one member of staff per 8 students. The College provides three freshly cooked meals per day with an emphasis on healthy eating. Health care is provided by the College infirmary where the sister is a State Registered Nurse and is on call 24 hours.
- The course fees include accommodation, tuition, meals, social programme every day and at weekends, five full day excursions per course and an escorted airport transfer from Heathrow or Stansted.
- The educational experience provided on the summer school is intended to compliment the child's teaching and learning at home. The course offers new learning opportunities through exciting projects, theatre, educational visits, option courses and activities all designed to challenge and extend personal development and language
The course provides 20 hours of class based teaching per week plus educational excursions.
Mornings 09.00 – 12.30
English teaching (12 hours per week)
Maximum class size 14
Wednesdays 08.30 – 18.00
Full-day study visit with class teacher.
Afternoons 13.30 – 15.30
ETOS English Through other Subjects (8 hours per week) For example: School preparation, English, ESOL exam preparation, Art & Craft, Tennis, Ceramics, Water Skills, Cookery, Magazine, Chinese, Trampolining, Dance, Orienteering, Digital Art,
Music, Scuba Diving, Football, Local History, Horse Riding.
- Educational excursions are an important feature of the course. Each class will have five full-day excursions and one London theatre visit per three week course. Every year we provide new interesting venues including London, Oxford & Cambridge.
- After school and at weekends the College provides a fully supervised programme of sports and activities for all children. There are also optional trips to the shops, ice skating, canoeing, climbing or the theatre for example.
- The campus is well equipped with a sports hall, indoor heated swimming pool, tennis courts and extensive playing fields. There is a theatre, library and specialist classrooms for computers, art, music, cookery and photography
|Age Groups||10 to 13|
13 to 16
16 to 17
|Dates||5 to 25 July 2015|
26 July to 15 August 2015
Board and Lodging