- Leicestershire possesses some of England’s most famous riding country. In partnership with Somerby Equestrian Centre, English Plus Riding students experience 10 hours per week of expert riding tuition and hacks in Leicestershire’s beautiful countryside. Sessions may incorporate show jumping, cross country and dressage disciplines. English Plus Riding students also learn about horse and pony care and stable management. English Plus Riding students join the Wednesday afternoon excursion with all other students. Some students can join English boys and girls in their riding classes.
*15 hours of General English each week
*10 hours of horse riding at an excellent local equestrian centre
*Expert riding tuition
*Opportunity to ride in Leicestershire’s beautiful countryside
- Brooke House’s excellent location in the heart of England means that our students are able to visit most of the major attractions that the country has to offer. There are two full-day excursions and one half-day excursion each week included in the cost of the course. Our programme provides a unique blend of educational, cultural and recreational trips and, of course, our students always find a little time to shop for those essential souvenirs, presents and treats. Pre-trip briefings in the classroom ensure that each and every student is aware of the relevance of a particular destination and work sheets and organised tours make sure that our students obtain the fullest possible benefit from the outings. Here are just some of the excursions which our students enjoy every year: London, Oxford, Cambridge, York, Woburn Safari Park, Alton Towers Theme Park, Harry Potter Studio Tour, Warwick Castle, Drayton Manor Park and Zoo, Manchester Unitet Football Club and many others
- Students are accommodated on the college campus in one of seven residential buildings or in one of two off campus residential buildings. Boys and girls are split into separate residences and an adult is positioned in each residence to supervise the students at night. There are single, twin and triple rooms available and every bedroom is warm, comfortable and fully equipped. There are a number of ensuite rooms. Each house contains a common room and kitchenette where the students may relax and prepare their own snacks from time to time.
- The self-contained campus possesses pleasant gardens and plenty of open space for our students to enjoy. Facilities include
A five-a-side football pitch
Basketball and volleyball court
A games room with pool and table tennis
A comfortable common room and television room
A computer room with internet access
Wi-Fi internet access
Market Harborough Leisure Centre has comprehensive sports facilities, which are used for afternoon and evening activities.
- Brooke House provides three hot meals per day in its central dining room located in the main Brooke House building. The catering is of the highest quality making sure that each meal provides a wide choice of tasty, healthy and nutritionally balanced food. Cooked breakfasts are on offer every day of the course and fresh fruit and yoghurt is available at all mealtimes.
- The safety, care and welfare of our students are of paramount importance at all times, day and night. Pre-departure information packs provide parents with all details of the care and welfare arrangements which we put in place for our students.
The campus and student accommodation is supervised at all times, day and night by our residential male and female staff. Excursions and activities are always planned, organised and risk assessed for safety. There is always one adult to supervise every ten students (7 to 11 year old centre) and one adult to every fifteen students (12 to 17 year old centre) during activities and on excursions
- Adult courses are accommodated on a per case basis. Group bookings are preferred. Contact us for enquiries.
- This course is also available during the autum/winter season, from September to Febrauary. Groups of at least 10 people are accommodated on a per case basis. Cost will depend on the details of arrangement. Contact us for more information.
|Age Groups||7 to 11|
12 to 17
18+ (Available on group bookings)
|Dates||6 Jul 2015|
13 Jul 2015
20 Jul 2015
27 Jul 2015
10 Aug 2015
*minimum of 2 weeks
*choose from any of the start dates above
*custom dates available from Sept to Feb
Board and Lodging
10 hours of horse riding at an excellent local equestrian centre