- Nestled at the edge of the South Downs and encircled by woodland, Sussex is the only university campus in England that is surrounded by a National Park, so you can walk straight out of the campus into acres of rolling green parkland. Although set in idyllic countryside, the University lies just minutes from cosmopolitan Brighton & Hove, and can be easily reached by road and rail. The University campus, combining award-winning architecture with green open spaces, resembles a large, self-contained village, ideal for the 16-20 age group.
English Skills focus on developing students' general knowledge in English and ability to communicate effectively and accurately in everyday situations. Students will be tested, challenged, supported and stimulated.
Communication Skills enable students to develop more effective skills and strategies for high-level oral and written communication in a wide range of professional contexts.
Professional Skills are designed to give students an understanding of certain professions and careers, underpinned by theoretical knowledge.
IELTS Exam Practice
The IELTS is an essential qualification for students seeking a place at a UK University or looking to work in certain professions such as law or medicine in the UK.
- Excursions provide students with the opportunity to visit popular tourist attractions and places of cultural interested in Brighton, London and the South East.
Saturday excursions are a full day trip to London and will usually include a visit to a Museum, Gallery, or place of interest such as British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace, London Dungeon, London Transport Museum, London Zoo, Madam Tussauds, National Gallery, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, St Paul’s Cathedral, Tate Modern Gallery, Tower of London, V&A Museum, Westminster Abbey.
Sunday excursions often include a local cultural visit, as well as time for relaxing and shopping. Visits may include Battle Abbey, Brighton Museum & Art Gallery, Chichester Cathedral, Lewes Castle, Museum of Shops, Redoubt Fortress, Royal Pavilion, Smugglers' Caves, Towner Gallery.
- Social events, organised every evening, enable students to participate in the vibrant student life of the University campus and in Brighton, whilst forging new friendships and having fun.
- Bede’s staff provide excellent care for students 24 hours a day and live in the same sleeping areas as the students. Dedicated House Parents look after the students in each boarding house. Excellent staff:student ratios (typically 1:5). Individual attention provided. There is a surgery led by a qualified nurse several times a week and access to a doctor if required.
- Tennis courts, sports hall, swimming pool, gym, squash courts, astro-turf, playing fields, drama theatre, dance studios, small golf course, IT suites, art studios.
- Healthy meals with a mix of English and international dishes served in the Dining Room. Vegetarian options are always available. Special dietary requirements are accommodated.
- Separate accommodation on campus for boys and girls. Bedrooms with 2 to 4 beds. Storage space is available. Bathrooms are shared. Students share their bedroom with children of the same age and from different countries. Every boarding house has its own communal space for students to relax.
- Internet is available and an extensive Wi-Fi network across the campus. Skype is available. Students can make and receive telephone calls. Bede's Shop and a Village Shop for refreshments and snacks. Laundry is done for students at least twice a week. 24 hour emergency contact service for Parents.
|Age Groups||16 to 20|
|Dates||28 Jun 2015|
5 Jul 2015
12 Jul 2015
19 Jul 2015
26 Jul 2015
2 Aug 2015
9 Aug 2015
*minimum of 2 weeks
*student can start on any of the dates above
Board and Lodging