- This carefully considered programme combines formal classroom learning with fun and innovative activities, projects, excursions, sports and activities.
The Adventures in English Entertainment Programme is one of its key assets, designed to immerse students in the English language and culture in an innovative, inclusive, extraordinary way.
- Academies are for students with a special interest in receiving professional tuition in a range of sports, art, drama and other leisure pursuits.
Students may choose one Academy per week and lessons usually take place in the afternoon, in place of the regular afternoon sports andactivities.
Academies, which must be booked in advance. You can choose from Ballet, Basketball, Design Technology, Extreme Sports, First Aid, Flying, Football, Golf, Helicopter Flying, Horse Riding, Performing Arts, Rugby, Street Dance, Swimming, and Tennis. Additional rates apply.
- Excursion Projects put the Wednesday excursion into context by giving historical and cultural information to makes their visit more meaningful. At the same time, students reinforce their receptive (Reading and Listening) and productive (Speaking and Writing) English skills in a natural and enjoyable way.
We believe that learning outside the classroom is as important as learning inside. As such, we offer students excursions every week to places of cultural and historical interest to inspire them and stimulate their curiosity.
Wednesday excursions are usually to local seaside towns and typically include a seafront walk, pier visit, social activity and shopping. Examples are: Brighton, Chichester, Eastbourne, Hastings, Worthing.
Saturday excursions are a full day trip to London and will usually include a visit to a Museum, Gallery, or place of interest such as British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace, London Dungeon, London Transport Museum, London Zoo, Madam Tussauds, National Gallery, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, St Paul’s Cathedral, Tate Modern Gallery, Tower of London, V&A Museum, Westminster Abbey.
Sunday excursions often include a local cultural visit, as well as time for relaxing and shopping. Visits may include Battle Abbey, Brighton Museum & Art Gallery, Chichester Cathedral, Lewes Castle, Museum of Shops, Redoubt Fortress, Royal Pavilion, Smugglers' Caves, Towner Gallery.
- A wide range of Sports, Art, Drama and Clubs are available to accommodate students' age, strengths and preferences, finding ways to stimulate their curiosity and creating opportunities for learning outside of the classroom. This process makes wider groups of students mix, building the confidence of each individual and encouraging participation in enthusiastic ways.
- A full programme of social events every evening gives students an opportunity to continue their learning outside of the classroom and enjoy themselves, whilst making new friends and participating in the creation of a harmonious international community.
- Bede’s staff provide excellent care for students 24 hours a day and live in the same sleeping areas as the students. Dedicated House Parents look after the students in each boarding house. Excellent staff:student ratios (typically 1:5). Individual attention provided. There is a surgery led by a qualified nurse several times a week and access to a doctor if required.
- Tennis courts, sports hall, swimming pool, gym, squash courts, astro-turf, playing fields, drama theatre, dance studios, small golf course, IT suites, art studios.
- Healthy meals with a mix of English and international dishes served in the Dining Room. Vegetarian options are always available. Special dietary requirements are accommodated.
- Separate accommodation on campus for boys and girls. Bedrooms with 2 to 4 beds. Storage space is available. Bathrooms are shared. Students share their bedroom with children of the same age and from different countries. Every boarding house has its own communal space for students to relax.
- Internet is available and an extensive Wi-Fi network across the campus. Skype is available. Students can make and receive telephone calls. Bede's Shop and a Village Shop for refreshments and snacks. Laundry is done for students at least twice a week. 24 hour emergency contact service for Parents.
|Age Groups||6 to 10|
8 to 13
11 to 16
12 to 17
13 to 18
|Dates||28 Jun 2015|
5 Jul 2015
12 Jul 2015
19 Jul 2015
26 Jul 2015
2 Aug 2015
9 Aug 2015
16 Aug 2015
*minimum of 2 weeks
*student can start on any of the dates above
Board and Lodging