- This course take place at Bede’s Senior School which is situated in the rural village of Upper Dicker in the heart of the Sussex countryside, close to the coastal resort of Eastbourne. The school is based on a former country estate with grounds extending over 80acres / 32 hectares, whose buildings form the core of teaching, activities and accommodation for students. The school campus has a unique, domestic feel, which forms a home from home for our students and creates a real sense of community and freedom.
- English Skills focus on developing students' general knowledge in English and ability to communicate effectively and accurately in everyday situations and different contexts. Students will be tested, challenged, supported and stimulated.
- Language Workshops enhance students’ understanding of specific aspects of the English Language according to their individual needs, giving them choice and a feeling of independence over their own learning.
- Schools Subjects give students a flavour of studying certain academic subjects, expanding their subject knowledge and simultaneously improving their English skills. Subjects may include Maths, Science, Art, ICT, Business.
- A full programme of social events every evening gives students an opportunity to continue their learning outside of the classroom and enjoy themselves, whilst making new friends and participating in the creation of a harmonious international community.
- We believe that learning outside the classroom is as important as learning inside. As such, we offer students Excursions and Cultural visits every week to places of cultural and historical interest to inspire them and stimulate their curiosity.
Cultural Visits are optional and take place on Thursday afternoons.
Wednesday excursions are full day and usually include a touristic or historical visit and some sightseeing.
Sunday excursions are a half-day and are relaxing trips to local seaside town.
British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Canterbury, Chatham Historic Dockyard, Dicken’s World, Imperial War Museum, Leeds Castle, London Dungeon, London Transport Museum, London Zoo, Madam Tussauds, National Gallery, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, St Paul’s Cathedral, The Tate Modern Gallery, The Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Windsor Castle
Eastbourne, Brighton, Hastings, Chichester, Portsmouth, Worthing
- Bede’s staff provide excellent care for students 24 hours a day and live in the same sleeping areas as the students. Dedicated House Parents look after the students in each boarding house. Excellent staff:student ratios (typically 1:5). Individual attention provided. There is a surgery led by a qualified nurse several times a week and access to a doctor if required.
- Tennis courts, sports hall, swimming pool, gym, squash courts, astro-turf, playing fields, drama theatre, dance studios, small golf course, IT suites, art studios.
- Healthy meals with a mix of English and international dishes served in the Dining Room. Vegetarian options are always available. Special dietary requirements are accommodated.
- Separate accommodation on campus for boys and girls. Bedrooms with 2 to 4 beds. Storage space is available. Bathrooms are shared. Students share their bedroom with children of the same age and from different countries. Every boarding house has its own communal space for students to relax.
- Internet is available and an extensive Wi-Fi network across the campus. Skype is available. Students can make and receive telephone calls. Bede's Shop and a Village Shop for refreshments and snacks. Laundry is done for students at least twice a week. 24 hour emergency contact service for Parents.
|Age Groups||12 to 17|
|Dates||26 Jul 2015|
2 Aug 2015
9 Aug 2015
16 Aug 2015
*minimum of 2 weeks
*student can start on any of the dates above
Board and Lodging